Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Rules

We all have rules to follow and when we don't follow them we have to face the consequences...
Yes, Mariah is grounded for one week. On Sunday afternoon we were over by the Thur's (Bailey's house - Mariah's BFF). Mariah asked to spend the night there and I said yes as long as you come home and do your chores and clean up your room. As soon as that is done I will bring you back to Bailey's house. So we went home and Mariah did her chores... or so I thought. After I took her to Bailey's house I went in Mariah's room to gather her laundry. I decided to open her closet door and yikes! out comes clothes that were shoved on her closet floor. So, I began to look under her bed - where I found a wet towel - looked in her entertainment center - more clothes - on the side of her entertainment center - yet more clothes! I let her stay at Bailey's house that night, but I kindly gathered all of her clothes that were not in their correct spots and I piled them in the middle of her bedroom floor. There they sat waiting for her to get home the next day. Needless to say, she is grounded from her TV in her bedroom and from friends for one week. Then yesterday I asked her to vacuum the bedrooms in addition to her regular daily chores... well she claims that she forgot... so I now have an I-pod in my possession until her memory comes back! happy preteening :-)

1 comment:

  1. Oh I can't wait! I remember doing the same thing to my mom...got to love kids!

    ReplyDelete