Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Chalkboard Wall is BACK!

Remember the chalk board wall in our old home?!  Well I've missed that wall dearly and had been searching for a place to put a chalkboard wall in our new home.  I finally found the perfect spot and complete the project!!
How we did it: 
I bought a piece of wood that was about 1/4" thick, 8' long, and 2' wide.  I measured the side of our existing cabinet and had Cory cut the sheet down to size.  Cory used a small nail gun to tack the sheet on to the cabinet.  Then he sanded the sheet down and cleaned it so that I could begin painting.  
I bought two cans of paint.  One is a magnetic primer and the other is a black chalkboard paint.  I applied three coats of magnetic primer and two coats of chalkboard paint.  Soon Cory will put the trim up around the new magnetic chalkboard and I will add a little bucket for chalk and erasers. 
Tada... project (almost) complete!
I absolutely love the results!!

No comments:

Post a Comment