Saturday, July 9, 2011

Date Night

Last night Cory and I had our first date night since Carter was born. Cory's mom came up and watched the boys for us. I was nervous about going out and really didn't want to leave the boys, but knew that I had to. Grandma Linda wanted alone time with the boys...and to be honest when I am around I don't share the boys well. Also, I knew it would be good for Cory and I to get out.

We headed downtown to a restaurant on the lake by the marina. We sat outside at the bar and had a drink and nice dinner. Afterwards we walked around and admired all the boats. Then we went for a little drive, grabbed ice cream, and headed home. We managed to stay out for three hours. It was nice to get out, but nicer to get back home. Maybe I'll be more ready for our next date night.

Next weekend - dinner with friends.

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed that you've already gone out! Good for you! I had a hard time with leaving my kids. It's important though.

    ReplyDelete