Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Carter's 1st Birthday

Our sweet "baby" boy turned one year old on Monday, June 25th. It is hard to believe that he is no longer a baby. He is approaching the toddler stage. Getting in to and on top of everything. Not afraid to explore the world. This has been a very bitter sweet for me. I wanted to keep him a baby. Keep him tiny and cuddly and loving and dependent on me. I'm not ready for him to grow up. I'm not ready for him to tell me that daddy is his favorite because he's a boy. I want to keep him a mama's boy. Knowing that is not possible, I am doing my best to embrace all of the new firsts that Carter explores. Watching him learn is heart warming. Watching his first steps sends shivers of excitement through me time and time again. Hearing his new noises and attempts at phrases like "uh-oh" and "ah-da" (all done maybe?) are amazing. A friend of mine posted on facebook: "Super Happy Birthday to a gorgeous blue-eyed boy! That is one, very loved little man in your family.". She couldn't have said it any better. He is loved. Very loved. Carter you are loved more than you will ever know. Being a parent is an amazing honor. Being a parent to three silly, loving, strong willed kids, well that is a blessing.



We had perfect weather and fabulous company for Carter's 1st Birthday party.  We couldn't have asked for a better day!  Unfortunately my camera broke the morning of his party so we had to capture all of the special moments with iphones.  Here is a slideshow that I put together from those pictures:

http://secure.smilebox.com/ecom/openTheBox?sendevent=4d7a497a4d7a637a4f4452384e7a4d7a4f5451314d6a4d3d0d0a&sb=1

In case you can't open the smilebox show, here are a couple of my favorites pictures.  








Happy Birthday Carter Oliver.
xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. I know it's hard, but I can tell you that I have 3 mama's boys, none of which say they like Daddy more, and all over which are over age one ;) I think he is your little man all the way, Kel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ethan has become a daddy's boy. Doing my best to keep Carter a mama's boy. ;-)

      Delete