Friday, January 14, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday Ethan!





(yes, cake for breakfast!)


Wow, our baby boy is 3 years old today!  It's hard to believe that these three years have gone by so quickly.  There have been so many magical moments over the past couple years with watching Ethan grow from a newborn, to a baby, to a toddler, and now to a little boy!  Yes, I know he's still technically a toddler, but there are days that I look at him and realize how grown up my little man actually is!  He has compassion for others, a strong opinion of his likes and dislikes, he has a gentle heart and always seems to know exactly what to say.  The other day he turned to me and said mom, you're my wowie zowie.  I seriously have no idea what that means, but he looked at me and said it with a smile and then hugged my arm.  He also tells Cory and I that we are his best friends.  It is amazing how a three year old can know so much, have so much love, care, concern, and trust for all of us around him.  Truly heartwarming. 

Ethan also loves and admires his big sister, Mariah.  When Ethan first started saying Mariah's name it would come out WaWa.  So, instantly that is what we all started calling her.  Then one day he switched it up a bit to Wawy, then My Wawy, and now it's just Wuw... once in a while he'll use her real name and shout out the most pronounced version of Ma-ri-ah.  Mariah has been a huge part of Ethan's life and is an excellent helper.  On her own she'll get him a snack, put his pajamas on him, read him a story, bring him his favorite stuffed animals, and offer to play trains with him in the basement.  I think that Ethan made a positive impact on Mariah's life just as much as he's made an impact on Cory and my lives.  Truly blessed to have two amazing children.  I love you both with all my heart!

I hope and pray that the baby I am carrying now is just as wonderful (and I am positive baby will be!) as my first two children.  I can't wait to see how the three of them interact together in the future, learn from one another, support one another, and love one another.  Even now Ethan has started expressing his love to the baby in my belly.  He often comes up to me and talks to the baby, kisses my belly, and asks the baby questions and then tells me the answers that baby told him. 

Children are truly amazing.  I am so blessed.  Happy 3rd Birthday Ethan James Bartlett.  We love you with our whole hearts and are constantly amazed by your personality.  You are an amazing little boy and will grow up to be a strong and loving man.   

With Love Always and Forever,
Mom, Dad, Wawy (Mariah), and Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment