Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Not Enough Time For Exercise

I keep trying to lay out my days differently.  I would love to exercise every day but I just can't seem to find the time to exercise.  I was pretty good at getting up at 4:30am and going to the basement and working out for 45 minutes for about 3 weeks... Then I fell out of the habit and can't seem to get back on track. 

I have tried a couple different times to exercise.  I have tried working out at the end of the day.  This worked a couple times, but I am so exhausted by 9pm and lately the kids have been staying up until 9pm.  I can't bring myself to go downstairs and exercise when I am that exhausted. 

This week I decided to try exercising right after work.  On Monday it worked!  The weather was nice so Ethan and I went for a long walk.  Then on Tuesday Ethan and I went downstairs after work and I ran on my elliptical... well I tried to while Ethan played; however, that didn't work as planned.  I would run for about 5 minutes and then have to help Ethan with his train track.  After a couple tries at this I just decided to give up. 

I don't want to give up on exercise completely, but I am wondering if a couple extra hours could be added in to the day?  Maybe a 26 hour day?  That would be ideal!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment