Tuesday, May 17, 2011

33 Weeks

Today is Tuesday, May 17, 2011.  It is 45 degrees out right now with a high of 56 expected for the day.  It is the middle of May... the middle of May and still cold and windy.  That means that we've been in our house now unable to enjoy beautiful weather outside for over 6 months.  6 months of being cooped up in the house unable to soak up the sunshine, eat dinner outside, play on the playground, swim in the pool... Sure we've had a handful of "teaser" days within the past couple months.  A handful of days where we think that spring and summer are nearing, but then they leave.  Those days are quickly swept away by 60 mile an hour winds due to 20+ degree drops in temperatures over night. 

For someone who suffers from seasonal depression and just simply can't stand the cold weather... this is terrible.  I keep hoping that eventually summer will come along and maybe I can play with the kids outside instead of in the garage or basement.  I want to take the kids swimming in our pool after work and enjoy the sunshine.  I want to smell sun tan lotion and hide under umbrellas to catch a bit of shade to cool off.  We opened our pool on May 1st - same as we did last year - however this year we haven't gone in it yet... even though we have a heater.  Not that the heater would work right now because every time we try to fill up our pool the water leaks right back out.... because.... we have a small hole in the bottom of the liner.  So, maybe some day when it's warm enough and the water warms up a bit someone can fix the hole in our pool and we can fill it to the top, heat it up, and finally enjoy it.  However... there is a good chance that I will be having a baby by that time and will be unable to go in the pool for a while.  But, at least Mariah and Ethan will be able to enjoy it while Carter and I sit along the edge and watch them play. 

Did you know that it's going to be sunny and in the 80's all week long in Sarasota, FL?!  Did you know that the people that live there are some of the luckiest people on earth?! 

Well, enough about my complaints and the things that are ailing me.  Time to return to my cold weather WI post so I can update all of you on how I am feeling and how baby Carter and I are doing.  We went to the doctor today for our 33 week check up.  Baby is doing great.  My blood pressure is back down to 114/76.   I've gained 1 pound in the past two weeks, and my doctor put me on Zoloft to help with my emotions.  Supposedly this will not hurt the baby at all; however, it is best to wean myself off of the meds while breastfeeding so that the baby can be weaned off also.  That alone is enough to scare the crap out of me, but as she said... I need to be healthy mentally and physically for the rest of this pregnancy in order to keep baby healthy.  Guess this is one of those risk v. benefits things and the benefits seam to be greater. 

7 more weeks


1 comment: