Monday, March 21, 2011

As Always, Busy Days

St. Patrick's Day isn't strongly celebrated in our house, but it's still fun to do a little something out of the ordinary. 

Here are treats that I bought the family for dessert. 

It was more like a cake than a cookie!

On Friday night Cory and I went out for appetizers and drinks ~ well, water for me ~ with some friends for a 30th birthday celebration.  We had a really nice time and forgot how wonderful it is to get out without the kids.  Yes, we love them dearly, but adult time is much needed also! 

On Saturday morning Ethan had his second class for swim lessons.  He did SO much better than last time.  I think it helped that we all knew what to expect.  I think he really enjoyed class! 

Saturday evening we had a nice little birthday celebration for James and Linda.  Cory made fajitas for everyone and they turned out fabulously!  I think we'll actually be eating the leftovers for dinner tonight.

Grandma Linda with Charlotte and Ethan
 James, Charlotte, and Linda

Sunday was a relaxing yet accomplishing day.  We went to church in the morning and then came home and started painting the doggy, mud room, laundry room area.  The new color looks great, but the naughty pups already managed to scratch up the walls...

Here is one of the walls before.  I have cleaned it so many times that we were down to the drywall. 
Here is one of the walls after! 
Cory was still painting when I took this picture.  
 Another after paint picture.  We only have one coat of paint on the walls so far. 
Hopefully we'll get to the next coat this weekend. 

2 comments:

  1. Those cookies look crazy good! Sounds like a fun weekend. I too love having non kiddy time. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete