Thursday, March 8, 2012

I May Have Found One That I Love!

We braved out to another fireplace store last night with all three kids.  Carter was sleeping in his infant car seat and Mariah and Ethan were busy entertaining themselves with a bowl of chocolate and my camera phone.  Sorry fireplace store... I had no idea that my kids were secretly eating all of your chocolate.  Guess I was a bit focused on looked at stone. 

Here is a little peak at what I found on my camera roll on my phone this morning... This is what happens when you leave kids alone with chocolate and a camera.  There are many more of these pictures, but I'll only amuse you with the following.









Yup, my kids definitely have my personality!  hee hee

Back to the stone... I think we found the finishing touch to our currently-ugly-fireplace!  This place had so many more options than the store we visited this past weekend.  Cory instantly fell in love with a dark color, but I quickly talked him in to a much more neutral color. 


What do you think?  Yes, it's basically the same colors as my walls and my carpet.  Cory's a bit worried that it will blend in too much, but it's stone.  I think it will grab people's attention and look beautiful for years to come.  Not too trendy, not too bold.  Perfect!  I can mix any decor with it and paint the walls all the different colors that my little heart desires! 

I browsed the web a bit for some pictures of neutral fireplaces and quickly came across this post on one of my favorite blogs.  Her fireplace is light and a similar stone.  I think it's beautiful.  I can't wait to have something like this in my home!  

1 comment: