Thursday, March 15, 2012

Master Bedroom Needs A New Look

When we built our house over 6 years ago, I quickly painted every room in the house.  The construction wasn't even finished on the outside of the house, but the rooms were painted.  I picked tan as a color for many rooms.  Not the same tan, but about 8 different shades of tans and many accent colors.  Cory teases me often about all of the paint cans I have in our storage room.  My thoughts on tan were that they were warm and timeless.  If I went with tan then I'd never get sick of the colors.  Well, I was right about that for a long time, but I think I'm finally tanned-out.  My house needs a lift... room by room... tan by tan.  I'll keep some tan, but not nearly as much as we have now. 


Here is our master bedroom.  A lovely tan - suede-paint - tan - boring - tan... I need some color.  Not bright color, but a soft, warm, inviting color.  Maybe a sea green, or a light grayish blue?  I want to stay on the really like side because my trim and furniture are dark, but I need some color.  Any suggestions?  I also need some new window treatments.  Yes, these are new, but I'm not sure if they are right.  Maybe just a creamy solid white?  Some new throw pillows would be nice to.  Okay, so I'll keep the furniture, but everything else must go.  Now to find some cheap, very cheap ideas. 









 

No comments:

Post a Comment