Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Yes, That's Me

I am the mom that often looks like this at work.  Frizzy, air dried hair.


But that doesn't last for long.  It quickly turns in to this.


Not the greatest look.  I know.  Instead of taking 10-15 minutes every morning to do my hair, I choose to have breakfast with my kids in the kitchen, then take time to play with them at daycare while dropping them off. I drop Mariah off at high school every morning and talk to her about her day on the way there.  I read the menu to Ethan at school every morning.  We look around his classroom and he points out what he did the day before.  Right now they are growing beans, sunflowers, and pumpkins under a little lamp in the corner.  Ethan's beans are about 2 inches tall!  Then we pick out toys for Carter to play with, say HI to the other kids, and catch up with the teachers.  I get a couple hugs and kisses from both boys, and leave with a smile on my face. 

 Those moments with my kids are way more important to me than the way my hair looks.  Sure, some mornings I rock and am able to do both, that's ultimately my goal, but on days like this when my hair is a mess and I am watching well groomed moms drop their kids off at daycare and fly out of the door without even hugging their child good-bye, well, those are the moments that make these messy hairstyles that much better. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm not even a mom, but I'm always rocking that look! I totally understand the busyness, but at least you know what matters :)

    ReplyDelete